Intro to Outreach Class
Introduction to Outreach is an interactive class for those considering what their next step might be in serving. This 2.5 hour class includes:
-Why the Gospel of Jesus is worth sharing
-The importance of Prayer
-Information on our global and local ministry efforts and partners
Our Mandate Given in God’s Word
- Fulfill the Great Commission of Christ. (Matthew 28:19-20)
- Share Christ’s heart of love and salvation with the world. (John 3:16)
- Minister to the broad range of human need. (Matthew 10:42 & 25:31-46)
- Obey Christ by confessing Him to the world. (Matthew 10:32-33)
- Bless all peoples and nations. (Genesis 12:1-3)
- To physically hasten the return of Christ and inspire the world to worship Him! (Matthew 24:14)
Why in the World?
God’s heart for the lost and His worthiness to receive worship are the motivation for what we do.
And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come. Matthew 24:14
What in the World?
The Crossroads Global Outreach Ministry exists to make disciples here, near and far away. We teach, mobilize and equip our body here to take the Gospel of the Kindgom to our neighbors near us and to the world's unreached people groups far away.
Where in the World?
Nearly three billion people in 7000 Unreached People Groups (UPGs) have little or no access to the Gospel, to the Bible, or to the Church.
Crossroads Global Outreach Ministry intentionally focuses on taking the Good News to them!
Worldwide, the evangelical church is growing at a significantly faster rate than any other world religion. Even with this growth, missions researchers have made a list of tribes, castes, and groups who are considered “unreached”.
These 7,000 Unreached People Groups (UPG) haven’t really had a fair chance to say “yes” to Jesus. They are non-Christians by circumstance rather than by choice. They have not yet heard the Gospel presented to them in a way that they understand and can respond.
These UPGs represent over 2.8 billion people. There is hope–local churches like ours moving in the Holy Spirit’s power.
Prayer speeds the world of world evangelization. Here are some ways you can make a global impact:
- Pick a UPG and pray for them regularly
- Commit to pray regularly while choosing a different UPG each day or each week.
- Recruit your small group to regularly pray for UPGs.
Crossroads is committed to impacting these 7,000 Unreached People Groups around the world. As we direct strategic resources and people, Crossroads will send more partners with the Good News.
Leveling the Field
The Crossroads Global Outreach Ministry is committed to placing a special emphasis on church planting amongst the unreached peoples of the world.
- Contains 95% of the world’s unreached people.
- Is served by less than 5% of the world’s full-time Christian workers.
- Is the region of the world in most desperate need of cross-cultural missions.
- Is home to the majority of the world’s Hindus, Muslims, and Buddhists.
While it is not our intent to neglect the rest of the world, the goals and activities of the Crossroads Global Outreach Ministry reflect a priority for unreached peoples.
Of the 16,713 total people groups worldwide, over 7,066 are unreached, totaling 2.99 billion individuals.
Of these 7,066 groups, 5,924 are in 10/40 Window countries.
That means 84% of all unreached people groups are in the 10/40 Window.
Click here to learn how you can make a difference.