There is so much good happening around the world as Christ’s Kingdom extends and His church is built. As you study and reflect on what He is doing you may find resonance in your heart with something the Spirit of the Lord (and Crossroads) is concerned about.
Select a topic to be immediately directed to related resources.
- She is Safe works to prevent, rescue, and restore women and girls from abuse and exploitation, equipping them to build a life of freedom, faith, and a strong future!
- International Justice Mission is a global organization that protects people in poverty from violence. They partner with local authorities in 21 program offices in 13 countries to combat slavery, violence against women and children, and police abuse of power against people who are poor.
- Good News About Injusticeby Gary Hougen
- Forgotten Girls: Stories of Hope and Courage by Kay Marshall Strom and Michele Rickett
- Slavery Still Exists. Here’s How to End it by Richard Lee
- The Hidden Reason for Poverty the World Needs to Address Now by Gary Haugen
- DAI Institute’s free online curriculum is available to leaders almost anywhere in the world. Visit DAI Institute
- The Making of a Leader by J. Robert Clinton
- Pursuing God’s Will Together: A Discernment Practice for Leadership Groups by Ruth Haley Barton
- Making Your Partnership Work by Daniel Rickett
- Helping Without Hurting in Short-Term Missions by Corbett & Fikkert
- Making Disciples Across Cultures by Charles Davis
- Western Christians in Global Mission: What’s the Role of the North American Church? by Paul Borthwick
- How Churches Can Build Healthy Relationships with Mission Workers, Pt. 1 by Matthew Philip
- How Churches Can Build Healthy Relationships with Mission Workers, Pt. 2 by Matthew Philip
- Interested in exploring what the Bible has to say about God’s heart for racial, ethnic and cultural diversity? DAI’s Culture, Ethnicity and Diversity course does just that, and is available for free through the DAI Institute: https://lnkd.in/dTD2anQ
- Race in America Phil Vischer’s 20-min video dealing with the historical roots involved in how we got to where we are today.
- God’s Very Good Idea (Trillia Newbell)
- ColorFull: Celebrating the Colors God Gave Us (Dorena Williamson)
- The Color of Compromise: The Truth About the American Church’s Complicity in Racism by Jemar Tisby (This is also a free RightNow Media Study
- Divided by Faith: Evangelical Religion and the Problem of Race in America by Michael O. Emerson
- Disunity in Christ by Christena Cleveland
- Racism and Corporate Evil: A White Guy’s Perspective by Tim Keller
- Just Mercy, the film about Bryan Stevenson and the Equal Justice Initiative is streaming for free through the end of June on YouTube, Google Play, and Amazon.
- Harriet, the film about Harriet Tubman’s life is available for rent via several sources including Amazon Prime, and Google
- Questscope walks alongside young people whose lives are ravaged by war and poverty. We provide emergency assistance, alternative education, and mentorship. And places to bloom again where hope is possible.
- Refugeintl.org is an organization working with refugees. Their website provides resources for those walking alongside refugees.
- The Banana-Leaf Ball: How Play Can Change the World by Katie Smith Milway
- Four Feet, Two Sandals by Karen Lynn Williams
- When Stars Are Scattered by Victoria Jamieson and Oma Mohamed
- Outcasts United: An American Town, a Refugee Team, and One Woman’s Quest to Make a Difference by Warren St. John
- What Does it Mean to be A Refugee? by Benedetta Berti and Evelien Borgman
- What Refugees Need to Start New Lives by Muhammed Idris
- Refugees Want Empowerment, Not Handouts by Robert Hazika
Whether you know it or not, you have a leadership voice! 5 Voices is designed to help every individual discover their leadership voice and be empowered to use it effectively.
- Pioneer – Champion of Results and Progress
- Connector – Champion of Relationships and Strategic Partnerships
- Guardian – Champion of Responsibility and Stewardship
- Creative – Champion of Innovation
- Nurturer – Champion of People
Go to 5voices.com to take a free assessment to discover your leadership voice. Once you learn your voice, use the content on the website to dive deeper into learning and understanding how you can communicate most effectively.
What is the Enneagram?
The Enneagram is one of the most useful tools for understanding personality styles at work, in relationships, and for self-awareness. It is an ancient personality type system with an uncanny accuracy in describing how human beings are wired, both positively and negatively.
Not only will you learn more about yourself, but you will also start to see the world through other people’s eyes, understanding how and why people think, feel, and act the way they do.
There are 9 Enneagram types:
Go to https://www.wepss.com/ to take an Enneagram assessment. The cost is $10 for this assessment, though there are alternate free ones online that may not be as thorough.
The Cultural Intelligence Center (CQ)
What is CQ?
Most cultural competence programs focus on teaching information about different cultures (e.g. Indians versus Germans; Millennials vs. Boomers). Cultural intelligence takes a different approach. Based on more than twenty years of research across over 100 countries, we know that there are four capabilities that need to be developed in order to relate and work effectively with people from different backgrounds.
Cultural Intelligence begins with CQ Drive—the curiosity and motivation needed to work well with others. Next is CQ Knowledge—understanding the kinds of differences that describe one group versus the next, without resorting to stereotyping specific cultures. Third is CQ Strategy—learning how to plan effectively in light of cultural differences. And finally is CQ Action—being able to adapt behavior when the situation requires it.
Go here to receive your complimentary CQ Analysis.