It's Not Supposed to be This Way
Wednesdays, beginning April 6, 2022
9:00-11:00 AM, Room, 203
Led by Lisa Hodges
Life often looks so very different than we hoped or expected. Some events may simply catch us off guard for a moment, but others shatter us completely. We feel disappointed and disillusioned, and we quietly start to wonder about the reality of God's goodness.
Our disappointments can be divine appointments our souls need to radically encounter God. In It's Not Supposed to be This Way, Lysa terKeurst invites us into her own journey of faith and, with grit, vulneravility, and honest humor, helps us to:
- Stop being pulled into the anxiety of disapointment by discovering how to better process unmet expectations and other painful situations.
- Train ourselves to recognize the three strategies of the enemy so we can stand strong and persevere through unsettling relationships and uncertain outcomes.
- Discover the secret of being steadfast and not panicking when God actually does give us more than we can handle.
- Shift our suspicion that God is cruel or unfair to the biblical assurance that God is protecting and preparing us.
- Know how to encourage a friend and help her navigate hard realities with real help from God's truth.
In this study, you will find a safe place to share your disappointments, fresh biblical insight to get you through painful situations, and life-giving perspectives for living in between Eden and eternity.
Study participants will need to purchase their own copy of It's Not Supposed to be This Way Study Guide: Finding Unexpected Strength When Disappointments Leave You Shattered by Lysa Terkeurst. Books are available locally at The Vineyard or online at Amazon, Lifeway and ChristianBook.